Saturday, January 31, 2026

Birthday Boy

 I rolled out of bed today after another trip around the sun. Hard to believe it's 68 years since I started this journey. A few bumps along the road but I am so fortunate to have good friends and a loving family around me. Had a few calls & texts from family.

Coffee and conversation again this morning as we prepared for our day.

Sheila and John are leaving us today as they go to their VRBO (Vacation Rental By Owner) in Waimea. We will meet up with them on Monday when we celebrate a couple birthdays. 

 Kelly and I took a stroll over to the Mauna Lani Auberge Hotel next door. It is a very nice facility with a great location. We walked around the grounds and watched some surfing action.


 Back at the villa we said goodbye to Sheila and John and then went over to Tommy Bahamas for a nice lunch. It was very good... and a nice place to come back for happy hour in the coming days!

On our return to the villa, Hugh & Simone went for a walk while I had a little kip.  

Later we all went over to the Mauna Lani Beach Club for a swim. We have found that a 4 pm visit in the afternoon always gave us lots of available chairs. 


 

 

We had another couple crib games after watching the sun set and then bbq'ed up some dinner. It was a bit of a throw together but it was very tasty! 

Some TV and tennis then off to the rack.

Steps: 8.300

Weather: Kona - Scattered  cloud 28ºC 

Crib Wins - Dave - 4, Hugh - 4 and Kelly - 1 

No comments:

Post a Comment